My son and husband love these - so do I! Recipe is from Maureen Abood. Her cookbook is beautiful and packed with easy and delicious recipes. This recipe is especially easy and flavor is so bright with notes of mint and cinnamon. DELICIOUS!
Lebanese Kofta "Meatballs" adapted from recipe by Maureen Abood
- 2 pounds grassfed ground beef (85/15)
- 1 small onion, chopped very fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons (about 1 bunch) italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (about 1 bunch) mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried mint or Mint Salt
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper (a few grinds - about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl combine meat with onion, parsley, mint, sumac, cinnamon, mint salt, kosher salt, and pepper. Using your hands mix all the ingredients together. Shape meat mixture into golfball-size portions and flatten slightly. Saute' in avocado or olive oil - about 3-4 minutes per side. OR Heat oven to 375, drizzle sheet pan with avocado oil or olive oil and place meatballs onto pan. Cook in oven until browned - about 15-20 minutes.